3D printing technology is now present in many sectors such as healthcare, manufacturing, aerospace and others, but it is still not so much used in professional schools, where it is necessary to implement tools and materials that can be used by teachers to promote new forms of education and training in step with the times, also usable through specific App.
The project was approved by the Erasmus+ National Agency in Slovakia in the framework of the European programme “ERASMUS PLUS KA220-VET ERASMUS + – COOPERATION PARTNERSHIPS IN VOCATIONAL EDUCATION AND TRAINING”.
The target group of the project is composed by those who work as a teacher at vocational high schools in the Automotive Technology departments.
- Stredna priemyselna skola dopravna (Slovakia – project coordinator), – www.sps-dopravna.sk
- Higher School of Transport “Todor Kableshkov” (Bulgaria), – www.vtu.bg
- CEPROF (Portugal), – www.espe.pt
- Vienna Association Of Education Volunteers (Austria), – www.vaev.at
- Exelia E.E. (Greece), – www.exelia.gr/en
- International Association for Research and Development of Vocational Education and Training (Turkey), – www.redvet.org.tr
- GODESK SRL (Italy). – www.godesk.it
The project foresees to organise a Multiplier Event in each of the partners’ countries in the year 2023.
Kick off Meeting
The Kick-Off project meeting took place on the 1st of February 2022 and was held virtually online due to Covid- 19 restrictions.
Partners introduced themselves and their organisations, starting a discussion on project development and the projects results.
The partners agreed on next steps and actions to be taken.
In the project it is planned a “Technical Training of 3D Printing” to be held in Portugal at the end of 2022.
The project involves the realization of the following 5 RESULTS:
1. “ECVET-BASED 3D PRINTING CURRICULUM AND AUTOMOTIVE TECHNOLOGY EDUCATION TRAINING MODULE”.
It concerns the creation of a training curriculum based on the ECVET rules for 3D printing and the development of a training course on 3D printing for the automotive technology sector in vocational high schools. The curriculum will be divided into the following 7 training units:
1. Introduction to 3D print technology in Automotive Education
2. 3D printer parts
3. Creation objects in a virtual environment
4. Slicing Techniques
5. Using techniques of the 3D printer
6. 3D printing materials
7. Sample STL codes for Automotive Technology Education
The course will provide the opportunity to evaluate knowledge and skills through tests, quizzes and exercises.
2. “VIDEO ANIMATION”
It concerns the realization of a training module on 3D printing based on ECVET with a summary of the instructions for the automotive technology course in professional high schools. The animated videos will include videos for each of the curriculum contents developed and divided into the 7 training units provided.
3. “MOBILE HUB FOR VET TEACHERS IN AUTOMOTIVE TECHNOLOGY”.
It concerns the realization of a mobile HUB for training on 3D printing, including visual cues, drawings, software for automotive teachers of professional training in technology in vocational high schools. Mobile Hub will be a multilingual online tool where all educational users will have access to the planned seven 3D printing training units in 6 languages.
4. “VIRTUAL TRAINING SEMINARS AND WEBINARS FOR VET TEACHERS IN AUTOMOTIVE TECHNOLOGY”.
It concerns the realization of a series of virtual training seminars and webinars for VET teachers in automotive technology. There will be at least 7 online seminars and webinars on the 7 topics planned. These virtual activities will be recorded to be posted on the project’s YouTube channel to reach a wider audience.
5. “POLITICAL RECOMMENDATION REPORT FOR 3D PRINTING IN VET”.
It concerns the realization of a “Political Recommendation Report for 3D Printing in Vocational Training” which will include the learning outcomes and the content of the modules with national models.